Tetouan, Most Andalusian City of Morocco
Tetouan is a city in northern Morocco. The Berber name means literally “the eyes” and figuratively “the water springs”. Tetouan is one of the two major ports of Morocco on the Mediterranean Sea. The city is situated about 60 km east of the city of Tangier and 40 km south of the Spanish exclave of Ceuta (Sebta) and the Strait of Gibraltar. It is in the far north of the Rif Mountains. To the south and west of the city there are mountains.
Key facts and figures from the ETF study “Migration and skills”
• 42% Moroccans declare intention to emigrate; regions where highest number of people declares intent to migrate are Agadir (52%) and Marrakesh (49%)
• Only 9% of the potential migrants has proper information, documents and money to emigrate
• The main destinations are France (32% of returnees), Spain (21%), and Italy (15%)
• Moroccans prefer long-term emigration: 53% of returnees stayed abroad more than 7 years
• Economic situation is the main declared reason for migration, but the level of economic well-being doesn’t influence the propensity to migration
• 60% of returnees worked at the time of the survey, while only 46% of potential migrants had a job, which suggest migration’s positive impact on employability
• 31% of returnees, mainly those with higher education, benefited from training while abroad
• 62% of migrants said they learnt a language or acquired other technical or professional skills, but only one third of migrants had their Moroccan qualifications officially recognised
• Migration doesn’t improve the standard of living of the returnees: 74% of them were poor
• There is little awareness of the government’s programmes for migrants
• Moroccans return to their country mainly for family reasons (26%); only 5% come back to invest
Portraits of Moroccans by Spanish artist José Tapiro y Baro (1830-1913)
Beautiful paintings of beautiful people.
Sexy ass Moroccans
The sentencing of 24 Saharawi activists by a Moroccan military tribunal last weekend is a travesty of justice.
This appears to have been a politically motivated show trial.
i side eye the fuck out of moroccans who say that the western sahara is morocco
Proof that sane Moroccans exist